Friday, March 19, 2010

Week 3

"This is heaven I say. Mi Gook is heaven"

This quote is said when they first get off the plane and enter america. Mi Gook means America I'm guessing, it's heaven to them because it's a chance to them for a better life.

This quote really brings out some feelings for me. My parents came to America from Veitnam to do the same thing as their parents are doing. It's to find a better life for their kids, of course my parents did have kids yet but they were planning. In Vietnam back when they emigrated here going to America meant you were going to have a better life even if you didn't know the language,people or location of anything because of how bad it was.

As you can see this quote really connects to me because their parents are doing the same thing my parents did. And that same thing is to find a better life for them and their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment